This agreement sets out the booking terms and conditions pertaining to the website available at https://www.absolutegetaways.co.za (“the Absolute Getaways website” or “this website”) owned and operated by Imagine Africa Tourism (Pty) Ltd. based in Cape Town, South Africa trading as Absolute Getaways (registration number 2002/019127/07) (hereinafter referred to as “Absolute Getaways”) with members Deon Michael Basson and Stephen Stiekema.
Acceptance of this agreement:
This agreement is valid, binding and enforceable against all persons who access this website or any part thereof. Please read this agreement carefully as by using this website you will be taken to have agreed to be bound by it. If you do not agree to be bound by the provisions of this agreement, you must leave the Absolute Getaways website immediately as further use will automatically bind you to this agreement notwithstanding any disagreements by you to the terms of this policy.
Detailed description of goods and/or services:
Absolute Getaways is a business in the South African tourism industry that sells self catering accommodation online.
Subject to receipt of payment, requests for accommodation will be processed within one hour of receipt thereof and confirmed by way of an email to you containing a booking ID.
Cancellation and Refunds policy:
- Each accommodation establishment on the Absolute Getaways website has its own cancellation policy. This policy shall be viewable by you during the reservation process, and is legally binding.
- On receipt of a written instruction from you to cancel a reservation, any amount owed to you by the accommodation establishment in question, in terms of its cancellation policy, will be refunded to you within 3-7 working days after our receipt thereof. Late cancellations will be subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant accommodation establishment’s cancellation policy and Absolute Getaways shall not be obliged to make any payments to you in the event that you are not entitled to a refund in terms of the terms and conditions of the relevant accommodation establishment’s cancellation policy.
Payment options accepted:
Payment may be made via Bank Transfer and Visa or MasterCard credit cards.
Credit card acquiring and security:
Save as otherwise provided for in this agreement, the rules, processes and procedures of PayGate (Pty) Ltd and the relevant paying bank, clearing bank and card association shall apply to all payments and transactions concluded on this website and your rights and obligations in respect of payments due to or by you shall be governed accordingly. We take all possible measures to ensure that payment with a credit card on the Absolute Getaways website is secure. The primary measures taken to ensure this security are as follows:
- Credit card transactions will be acquired for Absolute Getaways via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for Standard Bank of South Africa.
- We do not store any credit card details on our system. We simply forward the credit card details to PayGate (Pty) Ltd who authorize the transaction, without storing them in our system. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
- Absolute Getaways and PayGate (Pty) Ltd use the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3). No credit card details will ever be sent via unsecure methods such as email. Please refer to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- In the event that you suffer loss, damage or liability notwithstanding Absolute Getaways adhering to the above primary measures, you hereby indemnify and hold Absolute Getaways harmless for any loss, damage or liability of whatsoever nature arising from payments and transactions concluded on this website.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency:
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Country of domicile:
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Absolute Getaways chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, as 2 Lock Road, Capri, Cape Town, South Africa.
Absolute Getaways reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to vary this agreement or any part thereof at any time without prior notice or justification. Any such changes will be posted on this page. You are encouraged to review this agreement at the inception of each session, as you will be deemed to have accepted any such changes (which shall come into effect once posted on this website) if you continue to use this website after they have been posted.